“One must maintain a little bit of summer, even in the middle of winter.”
You all want to remain healthy always. A little degradation in the heath becomes a matter of tension. The main, as well as common problem that arises, is when the temperature takes a change in it. The moment temperature falls, the common disease that infects most of us is cold and flu. Being sensible and mature, you can take necessary actions as well as remedies to cure it. But, what about your children? Children get infected with this problem very early due to their sensitive body.
“A healthy mind exists in the healthy body.”
Cold and flu are viral infections. They affect the body that has weak immune system. These diseases make your nose stiff, and the worst part is that your throat gets scratchy. They are very much similar so you can confuse them. Below I will be explaining you in detail about these infections and how you can treat this illness with simple precautions. Let’s take a look at these two diseases:
Cold is a viral infection that is a result of rhinoviruses, respiratory syncytial virus (RSV), parainfluenza virus, adenovirus, and coronavirus. The immediate symptoms of this are that you will be experiencing light fever. Coughing and sneezing will be a continuous process throughout. Your throat will be flooded all the time and nose will be running. You can have this disease by being in contact with the person already infected by this disease or with the exposure of cold temperature.
Flu comes quickly and is severe than cold. The common symptoms of this flu are a headache, extreme tiredness, and dry cough. You will be experiencing blocked, or running nose and also the muscles will be achy. There will be a feeling of vomiting at certain times. And also you will get sudden fever around 39 degrees. As it is infectious, you can get this disease if you tend to be in contact with the person.
Tips to Help your Child Overcoming These Infections
- Rest: Whenever your child gets infected with cold or flu, always make him rest for a longer duration. This will make your child body do less work, which will put less strain on the body. Bed rest will make the infected body fight with the flu virus or cold in a better way and also quickly.
- Drinking fluids: These diseases will make your child body vomit a lot. As a result of these vomits, the body gets dehydrated thereby making it weak and non-active. Fevers can also result in dehydration. Therefore to overcome this kind of situation, you should make your child drink lots of fluid. This way the water loss may be compensated which will give the strength to the body to fight the harmful germs. Also, the fluids help to loosen up the mucus. If your child is breastfed, attempt to breastfeed them more frequently than usual.
- Gargle: Make your child gargle with the solution of water and salt. The ratio should be one teaspoon of salt with 8 ounces of water. The pain that arises due to this infection in the throat gets a large of relief because of this activity. And also the salt present helps to loosen up the mucus and gives you great relief.
- The humidifier works the best: Because of these cold or flu, the first thing that happens is that your nose gets blocked. This blockage suffocates the person especially the children. There are many sprays available on the market that helps to open blocked noses instantly, but these are not meant for younger children. For them, you should take the help of humidifier. A humidifier helps to keep the air moist and also break up the chest as well as nasal congestion.
- Honey a wonder medication: Honey contains anti-bacterial properties that help in neutralizing the effect of harmful germs. It will not only help you in getting better from cold but also keeps many other diseases away from your health. You can mix honey with cinnamon, lemon, ginger, raw onions or can also take only honey. Be very cautious as Honey should not be given to children under 12 months old.
- Take the advice of a doctor: You should not take a risk if you find that the symptoms are serious than normal ones and should immediately take advice from the doctor. Extreme conditions include high fever, lethargic body, less or no eating, short of breath. Your child pediatrician should be called instantly and let him diagnose the problem exactly.
I want to draw up your attention to the fact that you should not overwrap your child if he or she is suffering from fever. You can just make your child wear a sweater and make him take rest in a single blanket.
- Keep the surroundings clean as much as possible
- Keep yourself clean and fresh by washing your hands at regular intervals
- Avoid sharing your food with your friends as these diseases are infectious and can spread immediately through these modes
- Love your child to the fullest at the time of cold or flu as no medicine works as faster as love of your dear ones
- Take nutritious food as much as possible
- Cover your mouth at the time of sneezing and wash your hands immediately after that
The best part about cold and flu is that with little extra care and precautions you can make your child fit and healthy. These viral diseases do not last long. They come and go very fast. Give your child mental support by loving them to the fullest as one other than you will make them better soon. In case you find the situations different, you should take the appointment of your family doctor immediately. I hope the above information helps you in every possible way and assists you’re in making your child fit and active again.